Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- The Rise of Spying Transit Police
- Documents Reveal FISA Court’s Failure to Oversee and Control Federal Spy Agencies
- California Bill to Help End Unchecked Police Surveillance, Establish Local Control Likely Dead in Assembly Committee
- New York Using Facial Recognition to ID Drivers and Passengers at Toll Booths
- In Effect: Nebraska Law Limits ALPR Data, Helps Block National License Plate Tracking Program