Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Proposed St. Louis Ordinance Would Create Oversight and Transparency for Surveillance Programs
- Oakland Passes Ordinance Taking on Surveillance State
- TAC Signs Letter Supporting Measure to Help End Unchecked Police Surveillance, Establish Local Control
- California Committee Approves Measure to Help End Unchecked Police Surveillance, Establish More Local Control
- City of Berkeley Passes Ordinance Taking on Surveillance State