Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- New Hampshire Senate Passes Bill to Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Michigan House Unanimously Approves Electronic Data Privacy Amendment
- Massachusetts Bill Would Limit Warrantless Drone Surveillance; Hinder Federal Spy-State
- Missouri House Passes Bill to Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Massachusetts Bills Would Limit ALPRs, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program