Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- California Committee Approves Bill to End Unchecked Police Surveillance
- NSA Can Divert American Internet Traffic Overseas for Warrantless Collection
- Massachusetts Committee Hearing Held on Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Nashville Metro Council Passes Ordinance Taking First Step Toward Limiting the Surveillance State
- New Hampshire Senate Kills Bill Taking on Warrantless Drone Spying