Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Michigan Ballot Measure to Help Protect Electronic Data from Warrantless Spying Passes Committee
- Final Arizona Committee Passes Bill to Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- To the Governor’s Desk: New Mexico House Passes Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Maine Bill Would Make It Easier to Opt Out of Smart Meters, Undermine Federal Program
- Montana Senate Committee Passes Bill to Limit ALPR Use, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program