Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- New York Bill Would Limit ALPRs, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program
- Minnesota Bill Takes on Warrantless Stingray Spying and Data Collection; Would Also Hinder Federal Surveillance
- To the Governor: Arizona Passes Bill to Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Arizona House Passes Bill to Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Signed By Governor: Montana Bills to Limit License Plate Tracking and Warrantless Electronic Data Collection