Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- New Montana Law Limits ALPR Use, Will Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program
- Foreign NSA Surveillance and the Threat to Liberty at Home
- Radio Discussion: Addressing Surveillance at the Local Level
- California Organizations Use Available Tools to Fight for Privacy
- California Bill to End Unchecked Police Surveillance Dies in Committee