Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Kentucky House Passes Bill to Put Limits on Drones, Thwart Federal Surveillance Program
- Michigan House Passes Bill to Ban “Material Support or Resources” for Warrantless Federal Surveillance
- New York Bill Would Limit ALPRs, Hinder National License Plate Tracking Program
- Missouri Bill Would Ban Warantless Stingray Spying, Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Virginia Bill Would Restrict Police Access to Historical Location Data, Thwart Federal Surveillance Program