Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Kentucky Bill to Limit Warrantless Drone Surveillance Passes House 99-0
- New Mexico Senate Passes Electronic Communications Privacy Act 41-0
- Montana Bill Would Allow Customers to Opt Out of Smart Meters, Undermine Federal Program
- Second New Mexico Committee Passes Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- New Hampshire Bill to Prohibit Warantless Stingray Spying Passes Committee