Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Now in Effect: Arizona Law Prohibits Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Surveillance Leads Police to Tomato Bust
- Seattle City Council Passes Ordinance Taking First Step Toward Limiting the Surveillance State
- Pennsylvania Bill Would Prohibit Warrantless Stingray Spying
- Government Surveillance Is a Creepy Stalker Guy