Tenth Amendment Center national communications director Mike Maharrey chatted with the Forgotten Men last Saturday, discussing the OffNow campaign to stop NSA spying at the state and local level. After establishing that we cannot count on Congress, the president or federal courts to rein in the NSA, Maharrey explained the basic strategy and the anti-commandeering doctrine it is based on. He also addressed those who might believe that stopping unconstitutional spying is an impossible task and why we must be bold, and stand and fight.
- Maryland House Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Hinder Federal Surveillance Program
- Minnesota Bills Would Limit Warrantless Electronic Data Collection, Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Utah Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Access to Information in the Cloud, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Florida Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Minnesota Bill Would Put Electronic Communication and Data Privacy Amendment on the Ballot