ALBANY, N.Y. (Jan. 13, 2017) – Bills introduced in the New York legislature would limit the warrantless use of surveillance drones. The legislation would not only establish important privacy protections at the state level, it would also help thwart the federal surveillance state.
- Utah Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Access to Information in the Cloud, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Florida Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Minnesota Bill Would Put Electronic Communication and Data Privacy Amendment on the Ballot
- Signed By the Governor: New Mexico Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Washington Committee Passes Bill to Limit ALPR Use, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program