A device soon to be available to state and local law enforcement could allow police officers to bypass passwords and download everything on an electronic device in a matter of seconds. The rapid development of this kind of technology underscores the need to exert strict controls over the types of surveillance equipment police officer have access to, and how they use it.
- Surveillance Cameras Can Identify Anyone by “Talking to Their Cellphones”
- New Hampshire Privacy Amendment on the Ballot
- Massachusetts State Police Tweet Inadvertently Reveals Surveillance
- DEA Plans to Expand License Plate Surveillance Program
- Police Claim Surveillance Drones Will Revitalize Downtown