DAVIS, Calif. (April 6, 2018) – Last month, the city of Davis, Calif., passed a local ordinance that sets the stage to limit the acquisition and use of spy gear by law enforcement and other city agencies. The law will also help limit the impact of the federal surveillance state.
- The Rise of Spying Transit Police
- Documents Reveal FISA Court’s Failure to Oversee and Control Federal Spy Agencies
- California Bill to Help End Unchecked Police Surveillance, Establish Local Control Likely Dead in Assembly Committee
- New York Using Facial Recognition to ID Drivers and Passengers at Toll Booths
- In Effect: Nebraska Law Limits ALPR Data, Helps Block National License Plate Tracking Program