DAVIS, Calif. (April 6, 2018) – Last month, the city of Davis, Calif., passed a local ordinance that sets the stage to limit the acquisition and use of spy gear by law enforcement and other city agencies. The law will also help limit the impact of the federal surveillance state.
- Maryland House Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Hinder Federal Surveillance Program
- Minnesota Bills Would Limit Warrantless Electronic Data Collection, Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Utah Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Access to Information in the Cloud, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Florida Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Minnesota Bill Would Put Electronic Communication and Data Privacy Amendment on the Ballot