FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (Dec. 20, 2016) – Earlier this month, a Virginia judge ruled license plate tracking legal in the state, holding it doesn’t violate privacy rights. The ruling underscores the need for state legislative action to curb this intrusive practice.
- Utah Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Access to Information in the Cloud, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Florida Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Minnesota Bill Would Put Electronic Communication and Data Privacy Amendment on the Ballot
- Signed By the Governor: New Mexico Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Washington Committee Passes Bill to Limit ALPR Use, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program