COLUMBIA S.C. (Dec. 7, 2015) – A bill introduced in the South Carolina House would completely ban the use of automatic license plate readers by law enforcement in the state. It would also throw significant roadblocks in the way of a federal program using states to help track the location of millions of everyday people through pictures of their license plates.
- Utah Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Access to Information in the Cloud, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Florida Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying, Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- Minnesota Bill Would Put Electronic Communication and Data Privacy Amendment on the Ballot
- Signed By the Governor: New Mexico Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Washington Committee Passes Bill to Limit ALPR Use, Help Block National License Plate Tracking Program