ALBANY N.Y. (April 29, 2015) – A bill filed in New York would ban law enforcement from using FBI-funded cell site simulators, known as stingrays, to intercept all communications in an area without a judicial order.
- Kentucky Committee Approves Bill to Limit Drone Surveillance, Help Thwart Federal Surveillance Program
- Second Missouri Committee Passes Bill to Ban Warrantless Stingray Spying; Help Hinder Federal Surveillance
- California Bill Would End Unchecked Police Surveillance
- Final Michigan Committee Passes Bill to Ban “Material Support or Resources” for Warrantless Federal Surveillance
- New Jersey Bill Would Require Consent For Smart Meters, Undermine Federal Program